Order integration allows the communication of Liftoff order data to remote systems electronically. You may use this feature to supply electronic purchase orders to your vendors or to post orders directly to an internal ERP system. Liftoff supports outbound and inbound order integration through the following methods:
- JDF (outbound only)
- Promo Standards (outbound only)
- e-Quantum (outbound only)
The integration method you choose will be based solely on your use case. If you need assistance, your account manager can help you identify which integration method may be best for you.
To begin, navigate to Ecommerce > Order Integration and click the Outbound POs tab. Then select the integration method you need from the dropdown list.
Again, the method you choose will be dependent on your use case. A basic guide to each integration type is listed in the next section.
Vendor integrations work similarly to subscriber-facing integrations in that they share the same integration methods. To access vendor-specific integrations, navigate to Products > Vendors. From here, click on a vendor you want to receive integration messages. Vendor integrations are location specific, so you'll need to click the Locations tab and select the location you wish to integrate with. Click Edit on the vendor location and then click the Integration tab once in that location. You may now select the integration option you wish to establish for your vendor.
Below is an overview of each integration method and best practices for each option.
cXML was developed by Ariba is one of the most widely adopted XML standards used in commerce today. It is supported by the CIP4 organization and owned by Oracle. It is used in enterprise applications such as SAP. You can gain access to cXML's full line of documentation and references from cXML.org.
Below are the settings available for cXML and an explanation for each method:
- Endpoint: This is the URL that Liftoff will post data to when an order is moved to the status of In Process. This may be an endpoint supplied by your vendor or your ERP system.
- ItemOut Sequence Type: This refers to the numerical sequence that identifies the items in your order. This is used to properly identify orders when shipment data is passed back to Liftoff. There are two possible values for this field:
- ORDINAL: Primarily used when working with your own ERP. This sends item identifiers in ascending numeric sequence (ex: 1, 2, 3).
- ITEM ID: Item ID uses the Liftoff-generated order item ID when passing item identifiers. This option is highly recommended when working with vendors.
- Separate POs for Split Shipments: This option allows you to specify whether the PO will be split into separate POs when a split shipment is detected. This option is useful if the target system does not support split shipping. Enter TRUE or FALSE.
- Ship Notice Admin Email: By specifying the email address of an active Liftoff admin user that has proper API access, you can allow remote systems to communicate shipping notices back to Liftoff. This provides the necessary lookup Liftoff will need to drive access to order information.
- Sender Identity: This field may be used to determine proper access by the receiving party. Refer to your vendor, ERP, or trading partner for the proper value for this field.
- From Identity: This field may be used to determine proper access by the receiving party. Refer to your vendor, ERP, or trading partner for the proper value for this field.
- To Identity: This field may be used to determine proper access by the receiving party. Refer to your vendor, ERP, or trading partner for the proper value for this field.
- Include Pricing: If you wish to include pricing information in your integration posts, enter TRUE in this field. The default value is FALSE.
- Test Mode: If test mode is set to TRUE, integrations will not be posted to the remote endpoint. A copy of the integration message will still be stored with the order. This is useful when testing your integration for specific values without affecting production systems.
Our current implementation of JDF is limited to Onyx RIP software and may require additional configuration from Liftoff. Please see your account manager before attempting to use this method.
Promo Standards was developed exclusively for working with vendors that occupy the apparel and promotional products industry and is supported by hundreds of well-known vendors. Liftoff's support is currently limited to purchase order communication. This integration should only be used when communicating with vendors. Please see your vendor for the settings necessary to establish a connection.
Liftoff can communicate purchase orders, invoices, customer and account data, and more to your NetSuite system. Please note that this integration is currently in Alpha and should not be used without proper consultation from your account manager. In many cases, Liftoff may need to work with your value-added reseller to establish a proper connection. Some development may be required.
e-Quantum was a popular ERP system for the print and promotional industries. While still available for use, please note this integration method will be removed by December 2023 or when e-Quantum no longer accepts integrations, whichever happens first.
There are two settings for e-Quantum:
- Post URL: e-Quantum will supply you with an endpoint URL to post orders. Place that endpoint URL in this field.
- Default Customer ID: Liftoff targets a specific e-Quantum customer when submitting order data. Place the value from e-Quantum into this field to ensure proper order allocation.
Updated 7 months ago