When an admin or customer completes an order (and, if necessary, when an order has been approved), the order details will appear in My Liftoff in the Orders > Submitted orders area.
For each order in the list of submitted orders, you may:
- View order details (the "Details" button)
- Post order details to your ERP, FTP, or other integrated system, or view details of a previous post attempt (the "Post" button)
- Mark the order as shipped (the "Ship" button)
- Capture authorized funds for an order placed as an "auth only" transaction (the "Capture" button)
Clicking the "Details" button next to any order allows you to view all available information about the order, as well as make certain changes and updates when need be. All information is organized into tabs.
The summary area provides an at-a-glance view of the details of an order. In the following cases, you have the option to add information that may help you to track and manage your order. From here, you may edit the order, change the shipping or billing information, cancel or delete the order, or add the following data:
If you need to tie a purchase order directly to an order in Liftoff, add a value in this field. Any value entered here will appear on all emailed order notifications.
Suppose you have a customer who reaches out and says they absolutely must have an order in their hands by a certain date. If you enter that date into this field, it will save automatically for later reference.
Orders placed on your accounts may be assigned a job owner to track who in your organization is responsible for fulfillment. Job owners can be anyone you have configured as an administrative site user.
If you have configured any custom order fields, they'll appear here along with the three fields above.
This tab appears only if you have an order approval rule set. If available, you'll find information about the history of an order's approval process, including when the request for approval was sent, to whom it was sent, and who ultimately approved (or declined) it.
This tab appears only if you have an order Integration configured. If available, details of the transaction between Liftoff and the integrated system are displayed.
This tab provides all information about how and when your products shipped. If you have configured an order Integration, the Estimated Ship Date, Actual Ship Date, and Tracking Number fields may be populated automatically.
"Shipped" means no more edits!
If an order has been marked as "Shipped" in the Shipments tab, no further edits will be allowed for the order; all buttons and fields will be disabled.
The payment tab provides information regarding how this order was purchased. If the order was purchased with a credit card, the authorization code will be displayed. If the purchase was made with a budget or if a discount code was used, that information will be displayed on this page.
Note: Credit card information is not displayed. Credit card information is not stored on Liftoff's platform, nor is it accessible by anyone at Launchpad.
The notifications tab displays when, where, and to whom a notification about the order was sent. If you need to view a copy of that notification, click the View Email button. In the event the recipient lost or did not receive their notification, you can click the Re-Send button to instantly regenerate one.
The activity log provides you with a detailed view of every step of a transaction, from the time a customer places an item into their cart until they've completed checkout, and beyond!
Here's how to decipher what you see in the log for each order:
- Entry # -- For reference. "I see in the log for that order, on line 19..."
- Date/Time -- A timestamp for each entry in the log. Liftoff works so quickly sometimes that many log entries may share an identical timestamp.
- Item ID -- This refers to an item (as in, the actual product itself) in the order. It corresponds directly to the info in the Summary tab of your order history, in the Order Contents area near the bottom. That's where you can cross-check the Item ID from your log to find out which product it refers to.
- Action -- A description of what was done at that step. You may notice, for a few actions, that line items appear to be repeated. This is because of how Liftoff logs some actions internally, and it isn't too dissimilar from a double-entry accounting procedure.
- Target -- This tells you what was acted upon. It can be a particular email sent, or a specific shipment, or many other things. When an action affects the order as a whole, the Target field will be blank.
- Old Value / New Value -- These tell you what a value was before being changed, and what it was changed to. If there was no data prior to taking an action (e.g. a customer enters a new shipping address for the order), the Old Value field will be blank.
By logging in to the user-facing site and clicking on the order number in the Order History area, your customers can access and verify much of the information associated with an order.
In general, your customers can see:
- Order number
- The date and time the order was placed
- Billing and shipping addresses
- Total price and number of items
- Order / shipping status
- The value of any custom field that was entered at checkout time (that's the "Order Name" data in the sample image above)
- PO number, if applicable
- Item data
Note that, as you can see in the image above, this Order History area is where your customer should go if they want to reorder an item they've purchased before.
If you have your payment settings set to "authorize only," you may elect to manually capture the funds after you have shipped the product. To do this, simply click the Capture button to the right of an order in the list.
How long do I have to capture fuds?
Funds typically cannot be captured beyond 20 days from the authorization date. To learn more about Payment Processing, please see the article on payment.
Updated over 1 year ago